Monday, August 22, 2011

Growing

The goats, chickens and garden are all growing like crazy.  Gauge is enjoying  stalking the chickens.  He is convinced that I brought them home just for his entertainment.  We don't have any eggs yet, but the chickens are still here and I will take that for now.

The goats eat like crazy, but are staying in the fence except for one short period where they pushed the fence out.  I don't think that they even realized that they had escaped.  They love to climb and they love people.




We have an overabundance of zucchini, cucumbers and beans.  I am trying canning for the first time.  I don't love it, mostly because I don't have the patience for waiting for the water to boil for sterilizing, packing the jars, then boiling again.  Overall though, I think everything is going to be edible and that is what is important.

1 comment:

  1. The goats are cute, and I can't wait to meet your chickens! And the garden looks fantastic. You can send some extra zucchini home with me! :-)

    ReplyDelete